måndag 2 augusti 2010

I will continue with my favourite thing - tearing, distressing and making things look mucky and old! (Take a look at me in the mirror and you will see something similar!!!)

The CSD blog will today host a challenge about "How fake we can be". It is not about boob-jobs or tummy tucks (I wish!!) but about how to use faux techniques!
Head over there to check the challenge and the prizes out!!!


Ok, here I have gone to town on the distressing technique - something that I love to do!

1. I have torn edges, wrinkled the paper and going over it with Distress inkpads to make it look much older than it really is.
2. I have distressed the actual photo by scraping around the edges on the actual picture to give it a bit more "worn" look.
3. The picture itself has been modifed by Karin - a scrapping friend in Sweden. The colours make the picture look a bit older. (For all you iPhones people out there - try the hipstamatic app and get lovely old looking photos!!)

Material list:

Bazzill kraft cardstock
Pappern paper from Tim Holtz paper pad
Bird cage stamp from Tim Holtz
Several different Distress Inkpads and foams to use for distress technique
Flowers, turquise letters and metal stud swirls from Prima Marketing
Thickers from American Crafts for the word "Jeanette
Tissue tape from Tim Holtz
Lace and buttons from the never-ending-stash of mine :)


Tata for now lovveys!! :)

6 kommentarer:

  1. Hey! It's me!! :D

    I loooove all the distressing and tearing and grungeing it all up! It's gorgeous!!! :D

    SvaraRadera
  2. Totaly COOOOOL - I love how you've "mistrated" the papir. Gotta lift that some day - and need to show this one on my blog, if you don't mind...???

    SvaraRadera
  3. Vilken fin layout på en fin tjej.

    SvaraRadera
  4. Superfin Lo - herlig vintage look!

    SvaraRadera
  5. Hej finaste Du! :)
    Kika in hos mig mellan operationerna ;)...
    Har nåt där till Dig <3
    Kram Karin

    SvaraRadera